Monday, October 25, 2010

So much for which to be grateful....

The next couple of weeks promise to be especially difficult for us...I'll say more later, but to look at pictures like this one and be grateful for the things I've posted below, well, they become more and more precious.

I wonder how my life would be different if I didn't know these little girls...if they didn't play with my hair...if they didn't complain about the math homework I gave them...if they didn't let me touch their face or rub their back...if we didn't have conversations about their changing bodies...if I didn't know their smile, their voices, their hugs.

I try and figure how life would be different if I didn't stop and look at what I have been given and then lift my voice in thanks. I'm not certain, but I think it would lack a certain depth, a voice called meaning, a grace called love.



Grateful for...grateful that...

~ He knows where we'll be.
~ Doing lessons/homework with "I"...I love doing this.
~ The countryside visit.
~ Feeling fetita move.
~ Little girls who collect fall leaves.
~ Clean water.
~ Grief...it means I've loved and I've hoped.
~ Green apples.
~ Ballet pictures of Brynne.
~ I'm ecoli free!!!
~ Pizza dates with my husband and papnasi for dessert.
~ Hard conversations and looking/digging deep.
~ Reading old notes/letters/pictures/drawings from the past 3 years.
~ Bela's grandpa calling me: Fetita mea (my little girl).
~ Gifts of goose and chicken.

(Those were #251-265, please see link below to learn more about the Gratitude Community...)

holy experience

5 comments:

John Shumate said...

Suzanne and I are thankful for the depth you receive and pass on-- to those girls and us.

Unknown said...

Visiting from Ann's...thanks for sharing your gratitude list!

livinginbetween said...

First of all, I love the quote at the top of your blog. So true.

How different life would be, indeed, without gratitude. Gratitude causes examination and realization of gifts and the Giver. It alone is something to be grateful for, isn't it?

Hard conversations and looking/digging . . . yes, giving thanks with you for that.

la femme elisabeth said...

I loge his list. I think I can relate in it's entirety.

Rebecca said...

Visiting from the gratitude community-and enjoying my journey!

Lovely bits of grace, all.

Search This Blog

 

Learning | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates