It's been almost 6 weeks since I last posted...which means that my sweet baby is almost 6 weeks old and I haven't introduced her to the blogger world!
Allow me the extreme honor of introducing Sophie Irina. Her name means wisdom and peace. She weighed 7lb 3oz at birth and was 18 3/4 inches long. We've had a few gaining weight issues, but just last week she passed up her birth weight again!
The first week of her little life was a bit hard. She and I have different blood types and this resulted in pathological jaundice. Her billirubin levels (which have to do with the jaundice) were quite high and near to hospitalization. For these first time parents it was a stressful few days. We spent a lot of time at the lab as she had blood drawn twice a day to see what those levels were doing.
Everything came out fine, though, and she is our pride and joy.
I'm learning, albeit with my head just above water, what it means to be a mom. Still, I couldn't be more thankful.
In the time I've been away, a sweet woman named Joybird from the blog A Song Bird in His Court (click on blog name to follow) gave me a blog award. A Stylish Blog award to be specific. This is my first blog award I'm so honored that Joybird thought of me.
Now, there are a few things I'm supposed to do when given this award. I have to tell you 7 things about myself that you may not know and I have to give this award to 15 other blogs. I will do these things, but slowly...
I'll start with 7 things you may not know about me:
1. I was the 1,000,000th baby born at Kaiser Fontana. For this esteemed honor, I was given a $100 savings bond and my picture in the paper! I'm told a plaque is still up at the hospital awarding me this prize.
2. When I was 4, I stepped on a nail on purpose. Just to see what it felt like.
3. Because our baby is so tiny, I was having to wake her up in the night to feed her. So, I'd set my alarm for 3a.m...it would go off, I'd turn it off, and role over and fall back to sleep. Poor baby! And yet, she still gained 7oz last week and grew a half inch!
4. In college I loved to play floor hockey. I was even on a co-ed intramural team...still have some scars from being checked or hit with the stick. My position was defense and I was pretty good.
5. I used to write and edit for an online journal called The Other Journal. Check it out by clicking the title.
6. When I was around 4 (lots of stuff happened that year!) I thought Jesus was in my bedroom. Turned out it was only my dad.
7. I scored a 99 on the arts and literature portion of the ACT when I was a senior in high school. I scored way way lower on the math portion. Hopefully my child has her dad's brain for number and mathematical concepts.
Okay, more later...but, please know that I'm back. I'm going to try to post regularly again...but I'm still trying to figure out the whole baby schedule thing so some days, while I may have the best of intentions, little Sophie may believe otherwise.